Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water damage can be difficult to work with being that it soaks into thinks and can be tough to remove after its seeped through your floor or walls. Water damage can be dangerous as well because some times the water can be toxic and you not know and sometimes it can be in an area where there is electrical outlets and various electrical aspects. SERVPRO of South Fleming Island / North Bradford County will not only clean and restore you water damage but we will provide tips of what to do in the case you have water damage. We will fix your water damage like it never happened.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (904) 290-4040
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.